EDUCATIONAL COMMISSION FOR FOREIGN MEDICAL GRADUATES (ECFMG)
ECFMG was founded in 1956 to assess, through a program of certification, whether international medical graduates (IMGs) are ready to enter residency or fellowship programs in the United States.
Medical schools outside the United States and Canada vary in educational standards, curriculum, and evaluation methods. The Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), through its program of certification, assesses whether physicians graduating from these schools are ready to enter programs of graduate medical education in the United States.
The foundation of ECFMG’s certification program has endured remarkably over the last five decades. Throughout the history of the program, the requirements have included examinations in the medical sciences, evaluation of English language proficiency, and documentation of medical education credentials.
ECFMG Certification is an effective screening mechanism for ensuring that IMGs in patient care situations have met minimum standards. Each year, thousands of IMGs in the certification process apply to ECFMG for USMLE.
Interested Individuals Should Read The Below Article
- What Does It Mean To Be ECFMG Certified?
- ECFMG Certificate Requirements For FMGs
- ECFMG Certification Necessary For Observerships
- Few Key Topics – ECFMG Certification Observerships, Clerkship and Externship
- Computer Based Case Simulations CCS Field Trail On November 16th 2015 to February 29th 2016
- Changes To ECFMGs Transfer Credit Policy For IMGs Applying For ECFMG Certification And USMLE
- Requirements And Importance Of ECFMG Certification For International Medical Graduates IMGs
- ECFMG J-1 Visa Sponsorship
- About The MYECFMG Mobile Application
- ECFMG Examination Fees And Payment
- What Applicant’s Should Know And Do
- ECFMG Fact Card Summary Data Related To ECFMG Certification
- Computer Based Case Simulations CCS Field Trial
- ECFMG Certification Fact ECFMG Details
- Useful Web Addresses Medical Education Programs
- Availability Of 2016 Information Booklet and Application Materials
- Results Of The 2014 NRMP Program Director Survey